12.15.2008

Snow

I've seen snow before. We go up to the cabin at least once a year to see it and play in it. I've gone out in the cold and the slush. I've built snowmen and forts and had snowball fights. I've gone sledding and skiing and trudged through it.

So why oh why do people act like it's something I have never experienced that I should be happy about?

I don't like the cold. I love heat. I love laying out in 100 degree weather and feeling my skin heat up. I love t-shirts and shorts and sandals. I love summer dresses and open toed heels. I love ice cream and rootbeer floats. I love swimming. I love having ripe fruit and veggies. I like heat.

But I chose to move to a place right before 20 degree weather sets in. So the car doors freeze shut. The roads are covered in ice. I can't stop shivering in our house that my husband insists is tropical in its clime. I wear turtlenecks and I'm still freezing.

I hate this.

3 comments:

cara said...

I love snow!!!

Kaitlin,

You can't do anything to change where you live, so you might as well enjoy it!

Hope to see you soon!

cara said...

Email me!

Are you doing that Christmas thing your mom sent out?

Cara

k8esk8e said...

What christmas thing? I sent you an email like yesterday I think. :)